Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Hello!

Hola,
Mark and I have made it to the Dominican Republic! We have moved into an apartment, and have started getting settled.
Classes start on Tuesday, I am really excited but I am also a little nervous. I switched to a larger classroom, but now my room is still in a bit of a disarray.
We have been able to visit a giant waterfall that was incredible. Looking around the city, (at the mountains that surround Jarabacoa) and looking at the waterfall (un salto) makes me remember how great and powerful God is.
We have been here three weeks, done a lot of workshops, and spoken even more Spanish. It has been a very interesting couple of weeks. We have seen answers to prayer, Doulos finally got a fourth grade teacher! Yeah! We have really been praying for one, God is good. We also have quite a few prayer request. One teacher is very sick and needs prayer. She has a kidney infections and possibly Dengue, an illness caught by mosquito bites.
I will try to update this more consistently. Key word being try!
Love always,
Mark and Ciara

No comments: